Val d'Or Property
- Metals of interests: Gold
- Ownership: 100 % Melkior
- Location: located 35km east from Val d’Or and is accessible by a well-maintained dirt road as well as logging roads.
- Surface area: 120 claims cover approximately 6,333.04 hectares (63.33km2)
- Multiple gold and copper showings are present on and around the Property
The Val-d’Or Property is located 35km east from Val d’Or and is accessible by a well-maintained dirt road as well as logging roads. Parts of the Property were acquired in 1980, 1986, 2014, and 2020. The 120 claims cover approximately 6,333.04 hectares (63.33km2) and currently have over $340,000 in exploration reserve credits and no restrictions on these claims.
Multiple gold and copper showings are present on and around the Property. The Property covers the Lac Poisson-Nord showing, which encountered 1.0g/t over 1.5m. The mineralization consisted of carbonate and quartz veins hosted in a silicified granodiorite. Multiple gold showings are located on the adjacent properties, in the same granodiorite unit.
The Geoffroy copper showing, located south of the western part, located on the Globex Mining claims returned up to 9.90% Zn, 9.75% Cu and 98.4g/t Ag over 0.64m; 2.56% Cu, 0.11% Zn and 14.0g/t Ag over 0.91m; and 3.56% Zn, 0.86% Cu and 8.6g/t Ag over 0.88m in three different holes. The mineralization is composed of sulfides horizon hosted in intermediate pyroclastic and mafic volcanic rocks of the Kinojevis Group. They are intersected by porphyric sills and dykes.
The other adjacent showings include those being worked by Sparton to the south. The mineralization shows lateral continuity over 250m in the drilling they have performed. Melkior’s claims cover volcanic rocks, the same geological formation that contains the quartz veins and shear zones that include the mineralization in these showings. The historical mineshaft of the Bruel mine, owned by Sparton, is located 200m south of the Property’s limit. The new discovery by Sparton is located 600m east in the same direction. The mineralization seems to be associated with induced polarization, which would allow for a quick assessment of the Property’s potential. The regional magnetic anomalies associated with the gold mineralization also extend onto the Property, further indicating that the volcanic unit is found on the Property.
- The western extension of the “Vein Zone” area owned by Sparton Resources Inc. and optioned to Eldorado Gold Corporation. In 2018-2019, a 2,000-meter drill program located mineralization along a 250-meter strike length and to a vertical depth of 125 meters. This is a new discovery on their property, and Melkior’s Property contains the western strike extension of that mineralization. In between the Property and the new discovery made by Sparton, 4 gold showings are related to the same geological features, with the Bruell deposit being located 240 meters from the Property. The same geological formations further extend on the Property.
- The northern area of the Property, where multiples gold showings are found and hosted in diorite with quartz veining.